Keep your heart healthy by following these 7 quick tips to help improve the health of your heart. Having a healthy heart will improve your health and will prevent heart disease as well as giving you a longer life. Maintaining a good sleep pattern is just the beginning.
1. ❤️Get your beauty sleep on!
- Aim to sleep for 7 hours.
- Studies have shown that young and middle-aged adults who sleep for 7 hours had less calcium in their arteries than those who slept for 5 hours or less.
2. ❤️Keep the pressure off.
- If your blood pressure gets too high, it can damage artery walls and create scar tissue, which makes it hard for your blood and oxygen to get to your heart.
- Lower your salt intake, reduce your alcohol consumption, and quit smoking.
- Adults from 18-39 should get checked every 3-5 years. If older than 40, you should get checked every year.
3. ❤️Slash those saturated fats!
- Try to limit your consumption of red meats and dairy products.
- Stay away from ingredient list with “hydrogenated” and “partially hydrogenated.”
4. ❤️Turn up at the gym!
- Aim to workout for at least 30 mins for 5 days a week!
5. ❤️Cleanse yourself.
- Your heart works best when it is clean. That means eating a lot of fruits, vegetables, and nuts.
6. ❤️Ditch the cigarettes!
- Nicotine destroys the heart.
7. ❤️Bye-bye stress, hello happiness!
- Do more of what you love.
- Instead of bottling up your stress go pray, meditate, exercise, learn a new instrument!